Skip to main content

My Creative Scrapbook- Mixed Media kit work and step by step tutorial

Hello! I hope all of you are having a great summer, well mine has been a little hard but I'm still recovering day by day.  My poor blog is behind and today I will show you  a canvas that I made with the July Mixed Media kit by My Creative Scrapbook.
More details...



I had a lot of fun creating with this kit and I will show you step by step how I did it.   Let's get started!!

Canvas Tutorial
I'm working in this canvas with the heart canvas album from Maya Road, Melisa Frances's jar, Glitz stamp, tissue paper and embellishments from the Mixed Media Kit.

I worked with a 11" x 16" canvas and covered with the tissue paper from the kit. I used Mod Podge to glue the tissue paper.

Here's the canvas covered with the tissue paper, then I gave an extra coat with Mod Podge.

Then apply gesso to all the canvas.

With a wipe eliminate the excess of gesso.

I put apart the hearts and made this design and then with a pencil mark around it.


With a mask and molding paste I gave texture around the hearts.




Continue doing this around all the design(hearts).

Then apply gesso to the canvas hearts, don't cover it all with gesso.


When they are dry, apply paint.  First, I painted with Sage color and then with pink color.


Using the Glitz stamp from the kit, start to stamp in some areas of the canvas.


Stamp in the canvas heart, too.

Take the canvas heart like pattern and cut four mat for them 1/4" largest.  I used the paper from the July Limited Edition kit and glue them in the canvas like the photo.


I sew around each of the heart and next I tied two hearts by the rings with a twine from my stuff.


Then tie the two others hearts and glue them in the mats.


The Mixed Media kit comes with this beautiful yellow flower that I painted in pink.  I also painted another flower from the Limited Edition kit for my canvas.


.

Now it's time to start to decorate and to place my photos.  I handle my photos to the twine with the tiny clothespins from my kit.


I filled the glass bottle with the silver beads from the kit.

It should look like this...

I covered my design with wax paper and then my final touch is with the Antique Copper Maya Mist from the kit.



Closer details...


The final result. I hope this inspired you!!!

The Mixed Media Kit is an awesome kit to develop your creativity, so don't wait any longer and get this kit...HERE


Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments!!!
Until next time!
Hugs!

Marilyn 

Comments

  1. Wow! FABULOUS step by step...that copper mist is awesome & I LOOOOVED how you 'fussed up' those hearts.....really great texture...thanks for sharing & I'm glad you're slowly getting there:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, how amazing is this! I really love all the different textures and your amazing mixed media techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Absolutely FAB!!!!Love this =) Great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work great tutorial.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooww... I loved it! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An all-time favorite! Love this, Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning creation, Marilyn! I just love how you have used those canvas hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear that your summer has been a bit hard. I hope it will get better!

    Your project is beautiful, and it is great to see your creative process. I especially like the way you layered the hearts and connected them with thread.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Gracias por sacar de tu tiempo y dejarme un mensaje son bien apreciados, me encantan!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Paper Variety-Blog Hop

Hi!! Today is the first Paper Variety Blog Hop !!!! I'm so excited to announce this week's color challenge, the great prize and the beautiful projects that the design team would made for your inspiration!!! and of course, some blog candy for hopping today!!! If you came from MINDY'S BLOG you're in the correct place.  If not, head back to THE PAPER VARIETY to get started from the beginning. You don't want to miss a thing!! This week is a color challenge. Our sponsor for this week's challenge is  Your Scrapbook Stash ! In order to win this GRAND PRIZE you need to submit your own GREEN project to The Paper Variety  by Tuesday at NOON. If you submit before Sunday evening, you have a chance to have your blog featured on TPV! ;) To get you inspired, I want to share with you.... MY PAGE.... ..... I made this page about my daughter's birthday.  My husband took this photo the day we left the hospital.  My mom bought this dress for Paola, she looked

Scrapbookchallenges Blog Hop!! :)

BLOG-HOP  Scrapbookchallenges Hola!!  Si estas de visita y te nos quieres unir comienza por ir al blog de    Pamela . Si es tu primera vez aquí, mi nombre es Marilyn Rivera gane el concurso  "The Top Scrapper"  y obtuve el pase directo al "Design Team" de  scrapbookchallenges.   Vivo en Puerto Rico con mi esposo e hijos Alexander y Paola.  Trabajo en el campo de la moda y hace cuatro años comencé este pasatiempo y ahora soy totalmente adicta ....es mi terapia!!  Me encanta crear!! HI!!   if you have just stopped in, please join us and start at  Pamela 's   blog. If is your first time here, I'm Marilyn Rivera, I won  The Top Scrapper  Challenge and got the bye to  Scrapbookchallenges'  s Design Team. I live in Puerto Rico with my husband and my kids Alexander and Paola.  I work in Fashion field and started in this hobby four years ago and  now I'm totally addicted,,,it's my therapy!!  I love to create!!! Este es el sketch/ This is the sketch:

Wonderful Layout + Video Tutorial....My Creative Scrapbook

Hello sweet friends! Today I share with you one project and Video Tutorial that I made with November LE kit by My Creative Scrapbook featuring Prima Marketing: stencils, flowers and the Royal Menagerie collection, also includes Wild Flower papers, stickers by We R..It is really an awesome kit!!! I cut out butterflies from one of the We R papers and I used the new Prima oil pastel to enhance the paper colors...you will see all the process in the video tutorial. My title is a stickers by We R ... I  punched and draped the paper , take a look at the video...  List supplies: art basics: gesso, gel mediums(gloss & Matte) Soluble Oil Paste, art ingredients: glass beads, micro beads by Prima Marketting Big Pen Brush by Faber Castell-  Here is the kit and you can purchase .... HERE Take a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy the video tutorial....and if you like it don't forget to click "Like"... :) Thanks for stopping by...until next time!! Have a